Monday, February 20, 2006

Checking In (Week 6)

Morning Pages: Proud to say I have not missed a day since I started AW. Although I still resent the fact that I can't reread my writing. This has bugged me since day one. I have been writing since 1974, I was twelve and needed a sympathetic ear. My journal became that ear, my trusted friend and rereading those pages is way for me to see myself in more realistic terms. Does anyone understand how crazy this is driving me? Julia Cameron can you hear me?

Artist Date: Went to Hobby Lobby and bought some rubber stamps and a tube of red acrylic paint. Tomorrow I'm going to stop being so afraid of being imperfect (this weeks theme) and open that paint and PAINT. This is a new road for me and I'm nervous and scared and afraid the art police are going to show up at my door with a warrant for my arrest.

Synchronicity: I met the owner of Beet Gallery last weekend on my A.D. When she asked me if I was a writer I was overjoyed!! I thought maybe I'm starting to look like a REAL WRITER. Then she proceeded to ask me if I knew my writing teacher. "Of course", I shouted with glee, "I'm almost like one of her groupies!" She showed me an oil suspension kaleidoscope she made. I wanted to buy it on the spot, but she explained it wasn't for sale and that she had just learned how to make them at Campbell. I had never heard of Campbell before. Then like a youngster learning a new word discovered later that week someone I know is headed to Campbell next week to take the kaleidoscope class. That someone is my writing teacher. Now that's what I call double synchronicity! Very cool.

4 comments:

Leah said...

ooo, what cool synchronicities!!

and don't worry, i believe it's week 8 when we get to read back over our mp journals. :-)

Joy Eliz said...

Nice post! Looks like you had a productive week in AW. I hope you post your paintings for us to see!

tess said...

What a happy post!! I am so jealous--can I go to the kaleidoscope class with you! I LOVE them!!

Holly said...

Hi Lis, SOOOO happy to hear of your successful lack of reading! I remember your frustration from day one (oh my gosh has it been 6 weeks???) and GOOD FOR YOU for not doing it!! That's awesome! It's been a LONG time since I did AW, but I never did (no, not EVER!!) read my pages....just seemed unimportant since I was moving along. Just a theory.....