Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Painting Thus Far

This is the beginning of my painting
I drew it out
then under painted it.


Next I started adding some color.

I have no idea if I'm doing it "right" but so far the art police have not shown-up at my door.
I'm having fun!
It is like reading a good novel, I can't wait to see what will happen next.

Thanks to all who have encouraged me!

I took this self portrait in my art studio yesterday.
All the stuff behind me is my art! :)
Except for that red arm...it is A Story People (No Words)


No Words By Brian Andreas
I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that.

4 comments:

Leah said...

o lisa, what a beautiful painting!! it's so great to see your face too! yay!! keep on creating girl!

Holly said...

Oh how funny and serendipitous. I was just at the Story People site tonight....having some "deep thoughts" and then thought I'd come see how you are. You look great and your painting is terrific. I'm VERY happy for you.

Kara said...

Hi Lisa, it's great to see your face! And your painting is coming along - I'm glad you are enjoying it!
I have a Brian Andreas print hanging right by my computer it says "Most people don't know that there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life"

tess said...

Hi, Lisa!

Cool picture of your lovely face and your studio. It looks very vibrant, colorful and fun. I LOVE the Story People/Brian Andreas--even have a link to the site on my blog.

I can so relate to your feelings about "doing it right". That's probably the number one reason I have used to not do art (and other things) for most of my life. But what the heck is "right" anyway? Just blast through all that and keep immersing yourself in doing your thing. You are only you, and only you can be you, and you're doing good, girl! I like your painting!