Sunday, May 07, 2006

Building a Porch

We are building a lovely screened-in porch!





























Last Monday we had the concrete floor poured and stamped. As a rubber stamper I was totally captivated. I felt like a little kid and loved watching the entire process.

As the main color I chose a light brown called "wheatfields" and classic gray as the release color. They pour the main color right into the cement mixer.


























































Right before they stamp the concrete they throw the release color (classic gray) in powder form onto the wet cement. Using giant stamps they press the images into the wet concrete. The results are random and beautiful. It really looks like slate.















Tomorrow (weather permitting) the framing starts.








Jenny really loves it too!

4 comments:

endment said...

Now this is lovely --- I can just picture you relaxing out on your porch...

In Otter Space said...

Thanks! Me too!

Endment said...

I keep coming back to see the progress!

Terri said...

Wow....this is awesome! LOVE, love, love that idea of stamping the concrete...it DOES look like slate. Wish I'd known about that for our porch.
I can't wait to see the finished results. What a great project and I know you'll enjoy it tremendously!