Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back To School and Line Dried Sheets

School started yesterday. On a Friday!? Go figure. But there is a reason. Public Schools here can start no early than August 25th. This year August 25 happened to be a Friday. Wasting no time the Administration started school Friday.

Having the children back at school seems like a good time to start some new things myself. Nothing glamorous just some basic "house weeding". Clearing up the accumulation of unhandled things. The things in life that never seem as important or at least not as interesting as the other more pressing details of life. Traveling as much as we did this summer so many things seem to have slipped into that category.

This morning G and I were cleaning up the kitchen. And I finally put away the tubes of caulk that have been hanging out on the counter top all summer. It felt so good to FINALLY take care of that. Life gets like that. I get so busy with the routine I fail to see the tubes of caulk piled up all around me on the counter tops of my life.

My break is over. I'm going to head off for some more decluttering, vacuuming and cleaning. I've been drying my sheets on the line and I think they are dry. Line dried sheets smell and feel so AWESOME! I can hardly wait till bedtime.

1 comment:

Endment said...

Just your few posts tell us you have had a b-u-s-y summer.
Hope you have found satisfaction in your accomplishments!!!

Thanks for the reminder of the elegance of line dried sheets.