Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Falling into Fall

It feels like Fall.
I love Fall!
Fall means cooler nights. No humidity. Bright bold brilliant colors. Crispness in the air. The aroma of baking apples. Rosy cheeks after the backyard football game. Classical music on rainy days that warm my insides.

Yesterday I made stuffed green peppers for dinner and they were delicious. As I prepared them I was flooded with childhood memories of my mom cooking dinner, the wonderful aroma coming from the kitchen. The good secure feeling I had of being loved and cooked for, happy little memories. Food does that, it can delivery us back to another time and place.

What food says Fall to you?

Mine is baked apples glazed with brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum! I think I'll pick up a bag of apples at the produce stand today and make some tonight.

I've been creatively busy making cards for the craft and gift show I'll be in on December 2. I wish my art studio was self-cleaning because my work space seems to get smaller every day. When I'm in my art studio cleaning is the very last thing on my mind. I'll post some of my cards soon.

3 comments:

Endment said...

Fall does seem a time for thinking of baking and of food --- it is no longer too warm to turn on a burner to heat anything :) I am anticipating the crisp apples but also the winter squash... Somehow baking potatoes and wintersquash seem to go with crisp cool weather.

I am looking for that self-cleaning studio also :)

CabinWriter-- said...

For the interest of your reading public, I'll reiterate what I emailed you. My favorite fall food is a snack made from cheese, marshmallow, and crackers. Layer the first two onto the cracker, rush under a hot broiler until marshmallow gets a sunburn, then eat with pleasure. Nice to have with a warm cup of apple juice.

In Otter Space said...

My mouth is watering.
Fall foods = Comfort foods.