Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Collage Art for Note Cards

I made collages today. The stamped images were painted with a variety of twinkling H2O paints. I'm going to be in a craft show the first weekend in December at St Matthews Catholic Church in Charlotte and these collages will make beautiful cards. And that is what I've been up to this week, happily making lots of my note cards.

I've also been playing with the Cricut. Last night I taught my daughter's girl scout group how to make home made journals. They decorated them with cut-outs from the Cricut. Afterwards I read them Mary Oliver's poem, The Summer Day and had them write a five minute gratitude list.

One thing I really like about the Cricut is I can make window cards with ease. I love making window cards!!! One thing I don't like about it is sometimes it gets "confused" when cutting on smaller paper and sends itself back up to the top. Therefore cutting on the mat and not the paper. It does this after already starting a cutting project. I will post some Cricut projects later this week.

No comments: