Sunday, February 18, 2007

Finding Water Begins

Week One of Julia Cameron's Book - Finding Water

This week I did my morning pages every day, although some days they were more like afternoon or evening pages. I was happy that I accomplished this goal!

I had my first Artist's Date, in which I took myself to water and immersed myself. O.K., it was kind of a weeny Artist's Date because all I did was pour myself a coke, turn on some music and head out to our porch to hang out in the hot tub for an hour. Still it was nice and I can't remember the last time that I did something this frivolous midday.



I did walk today. Finally! I know Cameron is all about the walking but lately I've felt so lazy. So this may be the place I struggle the most, but I'm hopeful my dogs will encourage me to keep up with the walking. They need it as much as I do. The picture below illustrates what happens to their toys when they don't get walked.

11 comments:

Endment said...

So you're off and writing on a schedule once again :) Congratulations on getting those morning pages done!!!

I didn't get the walking done - I am not going to shovel enough snow to make a trail to walk yet :)

It will be fun traveling this path again with you!

Leah said...

honestly, that sounds like a perfect artist's date to me right now!! just perfect!!

melba said...

Thank you for your honesty.

I too am on the Finding Water journey; As a sham (too) I don't think all my pages will be in the morning either or my artists dates elaborate.
I am looking forward to you sharing more...

Gemma said...

One thing valuable about the Artist date and Morning pages & walk is keeping the comittment with yourself.

Libby Meyer said...

I think your Artist Date looks wonderful! I'm notorious for my Morning Pages, also being Evening. If they are done my midnight, I'm satisfied. Libby

Kara said...

It's great to read your new posts - I'm envious of your artist's date.

Jessie said...

aaaah! *loud exclamation!* i am so jealous of your artist's date! well, in a good way. :) i saw that photo and immediately wished i was there. a hot tub looking out into the woods...oh, i think i know what i want to do for my next vacation!!! but the only thing is that now i want to take that vacation SOONER than later!

you're an inspiration. thank yoU!

suzie q said...

Oh My Goodness, that's the kind of Artist's date I could do with, too! Wonderful! :)
I've been almost obsessive about getting my morning pages done before I'm properly awake - maybe that's why they've hit me so hard! Perhaps I'll try to relax a bit more about the whole process....preferably in a hot tub! ;)
Great post, look forward to more..

Caroline said...

You are lucky ADs have to be taken alone or you'd find everyone clamouring to join you in that hot tub!

Dianne Mayne Forche said...

Great photo and perspective! Sounds like the perfect AD to me, too....

Elizabeth said...

A glorious spot for an AD, I feel my shoulders relax just looking at it.

I'm really struggling with MPages, I groan inside everytime I think of them, but I know they are worth it really. You've inspired me to stick with it, thanks!