Wednesday, November 03, 2010

In Otter Space

Fact! I've been a lazy blogger. But I've been busy writing, taking writing classes, thinking about writing, reading middle grade novels, attending Charlotte Writers' Club meetings, hanging out with other writers, all the while I've been rewriting my novel.

One of my goals has been to attend a writer's conference. After this weekend, I'll be able to check it off my list. I can't wait, I'm looking forward to meeting other writers from North Carolina.

But I'll admit...
I'm scared of rejection.
Doesn't every writer feel this way?

My first novel is complete. Though, I continue to tinker with it. When is enough, enough? This weekend at the conference, I'm going to get professional feedback.

I have started a new story or least I've started making sketches of my new characters. I'm just getting to know them, so I don't really understand what their problems are yet.

This is where the magic happens...

No comments: