Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Query Letter Declaration Part#2

I need to get back in the chair and focus.

O.K., so here's the deal, I know I made that silly declaration last month. And now it's eating away at me because am I doing it? Nope. I'm procrastinating.

In the past month, I did fine-tune my query. It's ready to go. So I haven't been totally idle.

That being said, I worked like crazy leading up to Thanksgiving, more fine-tuning, the agent's advice guiding me. I'm very close. Since Thanksgiving though, I haven't been working on it.

I need to get back in the chair and focus.

But first, it's Tuesday and almost time for my Tuesday Morning Writer's Group. I've been spending this creative time sketching out new characters with the writing prompts from class. Thanks to Cheryl for this brilliant idea. Initially, this method seemed a bit forced but now it just flows and surprises.

The moral of this story is: I promised one thing and am delivering another.

I need to get back in the chair and focus.

No comments: